Sunday, June 26, 2011

And here it is...

That fresh blank page.
Always exciting.  Kind of daunting.  Like a new baby, you can't wait to see it hold it get to know it but you aren't sure exactly what to do with it.

The start of this new blog coincides with the launch of my first Kindle published book Godhead a story about a woman that inherits a banana plantation deep in the wilds of British Honduras, and also inherits the dark legacy that comes with it.

I deliberated for years about e-publishing and there were many factors that won out in favor of it.  Most of all for me it's about instant gratification.  I already spend a long time writing a book and to wait years for the traditional publishing process to grind its gears is just too much for a woman approaching forty who wants to get it all done while I can still see the computer screen without bifocals.
I do believe that there is room for both processes and I'll be weighing in on that in future posts.

Meanwhile just a little bit about me.  I'm a mother of four if you don't count the teenagers that have adopted me, and because I'm the benevolent dictator of a small third world country in my own home, it stands to reason that my interests lie in small countries and small people with big stories to tell.  I like to explore those parts of history that have lain unexplored.
Most of all my stories are about the choices all women have to make regardless of their culture, era, or ambitions.

I'll be posting once or twice a week unless something really exciting happens that I can't wait to share with you.

I look forward to sharing this space with you.

Until next time,

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment