Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Storm building...



  I've finished the first installment of my serialized YA novel, and I'm anxious to see it go up, but first the hard task of editing, which always makes me grind my teeth and of course reach for the cheetos...
The monsoons have come to the edges of my world every day, rimming the sky and promising rain but never delivering.   
It's been frustrating, as waiting for anything good can be...but this strange weather-induced tension has added something to my work, a sense of suspense and anticipation.  
If you are open, motivation can come from the most unexpected places, the promise of a storm in the sky, or the sudden notice from a person you don't know that takes the time to do something, say something, that humbles and inspires you. 


One of the biggest things I've had to learn this summer was un-marketing.

After my initial blitz, where I sounded like a book selling parrot squawking about my latest release, I've discovered the joy of just meeting people online, fellow authors and bloggers who have more to share than the latest sales info.

When I sat back and just started listening, I really started to gain some lasting wealth.

This can be a hard life, a solo life, but the online community has reminded me that I'm not alone.  I want to thank every single one of you, people I have gotten to know from America, China, Belize...anywhere you can imagine.

It's like magic isn't? Being able to touch someone you would never have met, and having them become precious. Like rain on a hot dry day.

Keep your ears and heart and mind open my friends, listen for inner thunder.

At any given moment, anything is possible...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jordan! I just wandered over from Lora's blog, and I'm looking forward to exploring your blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Your blog is really beautiful. You live an interesting life and I will be following your adventures...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jordan,

    If you ever need help with your editing, pop on over to my website and have a look at my proofreading service.
    www.bevharrosproofreading.weebly.com

    Cheers
    Bev

    ReplyDelete