Tuesday, July 26, 2011

And now for something completely different...


Although Godhead is my first self published novel, it is not the first I've written.  I have one more finished and two more halfway or more done.  All of them are adult novels, most with historical or exotic locales.  But I have four children...and they have been asking me to write something for them for a long time now.  I tried children's books and wrote one really rousing story about a dog that outran a bee by crossing the entire world...I think the first line was Chester liked to lay in the yard...anyway, I don't think picture books are my calling.  Plus, I can barely draw stick figures.

My life is full of teenagers, rife with them, like a plague (but a good plague), and I remember my teen years so vividly that I felt fairly confident writing a young adult novel.  For years a book I wrote with two of my best friends gathered dust (literally) in a big plastic bin in the shed, but it was a story very close to my heart and I often thought about reworking it.
"Lux" is now taxiing down the runway of completion, to be released in installments of a hundred or so pages every three weeks on Amazon.  I am told this is a crazy feat, and that I will become a slave to these installments, but I really don't care.  Bring it on, I say.
So you might see a bit of hiatus while I finish the first installment for release.  But I'll keep you posted.

 It is a recipe free of vampires and zombies, but it does have a few cool and unusual supernatural elements, and bad guys, and teenage angst. I feel young again just writing it...and I hope when I let it fly that it finds its way to you Dear Reader.

Thank you, for everything,

Jordan

2 comments:

  1. Jordan, you're hilarious--"teenagers like a plague." Ha! So excited for your new adventures! I left an award for you over on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my mother will be so proud... :)

    ReplyDelete