Wednesday, July 6, 2011

And the numbers roll in....

One.

And I think it was my grandpa.

We all know this is how it goes, that Rome was not built in a day.  I bet they had good publicity though.

You slave away researching, writing, editing, and then climb the very steep learning curve that is learning to self publish, and then you publish your beautifully formatted manuscript with an awesome cover designed by your talented best friend and...

You come rolling out of the gate selling one copy to your grandfather.

I can see marketing is going to be a very, very important part of this process and now I am trying to figure out the best way to do that.  I am humbled by the outpouring of support from friends and family (even ex boyfriends on facebook) and am so so grateful for the word of mouth.

I have begun contacting indie book reviewers and book clubs, beating the electronic streets with  copies in hand looking for friends.

This is an incredible experiment and I am so excited to be part of this new wave of publishing technology.  I'll keep you posted on what works and what doesn't but meanwhile I'm sitting here looking at my "published" book, basking in the glory of seeing under the words Barnes and Noble.

Oh and Grandpa...I didn't write the sex scenes....

No comments:

Post a Comment